Pages

Featured Post

Welcome

Welcome! Hi, I'm Chagall Sierra , known in Toronto as "Voice of an Angel" for my ethereal, heartfelt soprano. This is a co...

Friday, November 9, 2018

Songbirds and Superheroes (FAWM 2018)

Songbirds and Superheroes


2018-02-02 @ 07:37am
tags: guitar unvalentines metoo
Been trying to write this one for a while... here goes again... again. V3 after hanging out with Donald Quan.

Short VLOG for this will be on Kirrivath's Patreon.

Drop D makes for way better weird chords. Yay!

Updated with the debut performance video! Please no comments on the guitar playing, I'm a singer haha.

Lyrics

1.
We used to fly in my livingroom
Then you went away
I used to sing to you those old showtunes
My mama sang to me

Pre:
Now I see you fly among the stars
And I'm here on the ground bleeding

Chorus:
We were young we were strong
We were superheroes
We were birds we were planes
We thought nothing could defeat us

2.
When you were five your hamster died
I comforted you
You get to sing on the Broadway stage
Showtunes old and new

Pre, Chorus

Bridge:
What happened to my best friend
I call you Mr Famous now
Charming, entitled
Net worth of millions
He said you said
He said you said
That unless I would belong to you
That you would watch me die

3.
We used to fly in my livingroom
Songbirds of a feather
Then you chose to be a villain
Not heroes together

Comments

  • janeg - 2018-02-03 @ 01:21am
    Very curious to,learn the musical style!
  • Chagall Sierra - 2018-02-03 @ 07:35am
    This draft of the lyrics doesn't work either but it's much closer. Sigh. Getting there.
  • wingspell - 2018-02-04 @ 08:25am
    Chords flowing better with this new version of the lyrics. 2billionty rewrites.
  • GardeningAngel - 2018-02-13 @ 10:21pm
    Ooooo, I got chills reading this, esp. the last verse. I'm familiar with a lot of the relationship dynamics you describe here (at least, as I interpret them), and it feels validating to see them put into words. Strong stuff.
  • Chagall Sierra - 2018-02-15 @ 07:09am
    Think the bridge still needs work. It's normalish. Thoughts? Thank you for the kind comments, @janeg and @gardeningangel1 - it's updated with a rough live performance now.
  • Alex "metalfoot" - 2018-02-15 @ 04:30pm
    The melody simply soars like a songbird... the story is sad. A powerful song overall!
  • Lady C - 2018-02-22 @ 08:39pm
    Love the gentle melody, even your delicate guitar playing. It suits the song in my humble opinion. Also really like your pauses, and placement of them. Sometimes many rewrites are necessary, and there is no shame in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment