Pages

Featured Post

Welcome

Welcome! Hi, I'm Chagall Sierra , known in Toronto as "Voice of an Angel" for my ethereal, heartfelt soprano. This is a co...

Friday, November 9, 2018

Living Dead (FAWM 2018)

Living Dead

2018-02-14 @ 09:02am
tags: metal heavyaf scream death-metal
So, um, I have a disability. This is what it feels like - except in a way cooler, nerdier context.

Title - Living Dead or Russian Roulette? Hmm.

Sapient did music for my lyrics omg! - Chagall
-----------------------------------------------------------
Sapient:
Well, I couldn't leave lyrics like this hanging there without something to sing along to, could I? :D

Lyrics

Shuffling through existence
In a horror movie marathon
Barista please pour me a liquid brain
I take two minutes, drink up
Roll up the rim on the cup

Oh no not again lost at Russian roulette
Oh no not again lost at Russian roulette

Hello sands of a thousand tortures
Skinned alive
Stuffed with wet gravel
Muscles burn like molten metal
Rust flaking off my bones
Every time I twinge pieces of me fall apart
Feeling like the living dead
Feeling like the living dead

Driving with persistence
Through the scenery of life
Director please write me a better part
I take ten minutes, silence
Praying today ends the violence

Oh no not again lost at Russian roulette
Oh no not again lost at Russian roulette

Hello sands of a thousand tortures
Skinned alive
Stuffed with wet gravel
Muscles burn like molten metal
Rust flaking off my bones
Every time I twinge pieces of me fall apart
Feeling like the living dead
Feeling like the living dead

What I wanna know
Is how is my skin still whole
Still whole
Still whole
Feeling like the living dead
Feeling like the living dead

Comments

  • Richard Provan - 2018-02-14 @ 09:46am
    What beautiful lyrics. You expressed your existence so clearly, so poetically, so truly. The song is playing in my head.
  • devin - 2018-02-14 @ 03:01pm
    This is painfully awesome. The images are striking.. very well done.
  • Chagall Sierra - 2018-02-15 @ 06:56am
    Thank you @quork and @devin. Think I might make it to metal awesomeness one of these days!
  • Chagall Sierra - 2018-02-16 @ 10:24pm
    OMG OMG OMG.
  • devin - 2018-02-16 @ 10:57pm
    Dear godz people... how Fucking epic is this?!? Some serious good music grooves here, and the tortured lyric is done severe justice. Win.
  • Lady C - 2018-02-22 @ 08:34pm
    Holy shit this sounds fucking amazing yo!! Lyrics fit perfectly with this Death metal! It reminds me of Nile crossed with DethKlok!! The metaphors are deep and well twisted!! xoxoxo
  • Catherine Wacha - 2018-02-28 @ 07:17pm
    This arrangement fits these lyrics so perfectly. This song rocks hard as hell!
  • Meadows - 2018-02-28 @ 09:30pm
    A great piece of art รข€“ of one of favourite genres, and really well done. That sound is just awesome, couldn't be done better. Lyrics and music: perfect match!
  • T.C. Elliott - 2018-03-04 @ 07:05pm
    That lyric really brings home the feeling of falling apart... using the literally to explain the emotion and pain. And then this metal attack was perfectly suited to the lyric. Yeah, the lyric could be used in a lot of ways, it's that good. But the sense of resignation and perseverance really shines here.
  • ZeCoop - 2018-03-04 @ 09:54pm
    Killer, kiiler, killer intro.... Even things like how the phraseing of "barista" is perfect. The song's phrasing both vocal and guitar pauses really stand out with this one. I love how you let your guitars pause and go to the harmonics. Slight relief only to be cast back in. Great change up with the Russian Roulette section. SWEET guitar solo too - love that dive into it. Great collab.
  • silvermachine - 2018-03-07 @ 12:12am
    I gotta say I don't understand death metal bands, why would anyone feel compelled to sing horrific lyrics all the time, like there was no alternative. I gotta say it finally made perfect sense here in the light of Kirrivath's plight and lyric. I won't ask if all death metal musicians are disabled though. The music was totally in tune with the lyric and presented an uncomfortable listen. Damn, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have heard it like that if I hadn't read the liner notes though. I would've thought hah, fun metal zombie anthem. I'm confused. I'll be back tomorrow to finish the album swap listen, man.
  • driftwood1 - 2018-03-07 @ 02:56am
    Powerful lyric. "Oh no not again lost at Russian roulette" is brutal. Great job bringing the lyric to life.

No comments:

Post a Comment