Pages

Featured Post

Welcome

Welcome! Hi, I'm Chagall Sierra , known in Toronto as "Voice of an Angel" for my ethereal, heartfelt soprano. This is a co...

Saturday, March 26, 2016

Toronto (FAWM 2016)

Toronto

Chagall
FAWM 2016

Liner Notes

LYRICS ARE SO MUCH EASIER YOU GUISE.

Lyrics

Loving my town
Hanging with friends
This is my hood
They call it a ghetto
but hey! now
I'd say life's pretty good

Hey, hey, this is Toronto
Multicultural pride
Be who you really are
No-one needs to hide
This is Toronto
This is Toronto

Just go downtown
Ride the streetcar
Take a look around
All the people of
different nations
Just getting along

Hey, hey, this is Toronto
Multicultural pride
Be who you really are
No-one needs to hide
This is Toronto
This is Toronto

Chill at the waterfront
Yeah down at Harbourfront
Watch those tall ship sails go by
Summer beats and sweets and I love

Hey, hey, this is Toronto
Multicultural pride
Be who you really are
No-one needs to hide
This is Toronto
This is Toronto

Hey, hey, this is Toronto
Multicultural pride
Be who you really are
No-one needs to hide
This is Toronto
This is Toronto
Hey, hey, this is Toronto
This is Toronto
This is Toronto

Copyright Chagall Sierra & Paperbag Empress Records

Comments


  • @electrocelte 3 weeks
    I love Toronto. And agree that it could use an anthem. At least something better than "If You're Bored Party Down With Rob Ford" 
  • @ladycarolynhyde 6 weeks
    These could totally be the words to a tune for a "please come visit Toronto" commercial!! It takes me right there immediately. Excellent stuff!
  • @tunecat 6 weeks
    My friend set up a Facebook page entitled TORONTO - "CANADA'S New Age Capital of the World" - Appreciation Society... I suggest you send them this... !
  • @beat 7 weeks
    in times now, where more and more people want to hide in their national cloud, this is an uplifting sign. very nice!
  • @popmythology  7 weeks
    I'd love to hear this sung in a swingy number by someone who could imitate a Frank Sinatra or Tony Bennet kind of voice. Upbeat, celebratory, a veritable love letter to your city. I enjoyed reading (and imagining!). And yep, I agree. Lyrics are easier! 
  • @cindyrella  7 weeks
    I want to come to Toronto! Love to hear about other places and your lyric makes me want to go now. Great writing!
  • @the3queens  7 weeks
    makes me want to visit Toronto (said the girl who wishes it was summer.) Nice lyrics!
  • @andygetch  7 weeks
    I hear TV theme! Catchy hook and repetition
  • @metalfoot  7 weeks
    Looks like a promising set of lyrics (says random commenter who was born in the Tdot)-- are you going to be musicking this or are you looking for collaborators?



No comments:

Post a Comment