Pages

Featured Post

Welcome

Welcome! Hi, I'm Chagall Sierra , known in Toronto as "Voice of an Angel" for my ethereal, heartfelt soprano. This is a co...

Saturday, March 26, 2016

Tinder (FAWM 2016)

Tinder

Chagall
FAWM 2016

Liner Notes

Hmm. Interesting.

Lyrics

Every day I feel pain I remember nothing's the same
Every breath too much stress you've made it all a mess

Are you a demon?
Dark eyes
Dark hair
A ready smile
Takes my air

You may as well be agent orange
Or iron and a match
Cause I'm dying inside
A fact you didn't catch

You may as well be kryptonite
Or flint and tinder
Cause I'm going up in flames
A sanctified sinner

It was nothing to you but who am I stained with rue
It was true love to me but it seems I must be free

Are you a demon?
Your hands
Your touch
Awkward laugh
Means too much

You may as well be kryptonite
Or flint and tinder
Cause I'm going up in flames
A sanctified sinner

You may as well be agent orange
Or iron and a match
Cause I'm dying inside
A fact you didn't catch

Or did you

Gotta stay strong
Gotta stay strong
Stay alive stay alive
Don't ask you to
Stay

Comments


  • @metalfoot  2 weeks
    Powerful lyrical effect to these words. Curious to see what sort of musical magic you might make!
  • @electrocelte 3 weeks
    Nice... wrote a song called "Lady is Kryptonite"... it's out there...somewhere...
  • @jessica14 3 weeks
    Very intensense and beautiful lyrics! Would be great to put this to music... Great job!
  • @marvsmooth  3 weeks
    I think there are bits of a few heroes in here!
  • @kirrivath  3 weeks
    Gonna pull a Taylor Swift and not say who this is about. Maybe more than one guy. Just to confuse things. ^-^ @popmythology
  • @popmythology  3 weeks
    Great lyrics! Because of the title, at first I thought this song was somehow related to that Tinder dating app, lol. It's definitely a bit abstract as a superhero song, as you were saying, but I can see how a former significant other (if I'm right that that's what this is about) could have been a kind of kryptonite to your Supergirl.
  • @cts  3 weeks
    I've read this a few times and I kept trying to determine if there was a specific super hero you were alluding to. I thought it might be the Ghost Rider, but after read #4, it became clear to me this write is much bigger than that. Great work here!
  • @marvsmooth  3 weeks
    Ooh, I really like the writing here so much.

    There is a definite rhythm to the writing here, and I really want to hear this set to music.

    Fabulous writing!
  • @ladycarolynhyde 3 weeks
    Wow girl, love the depth of the lyrics, and, to me at least, the imagery of you as a superhero and the possible thought processes they think, the feelings they feel because they have such an important and often thankless job. Totally captures what it's like. Can also hear ominous music but with a shred of hope stitched through it because of this passage "gotta stay strong gotta stay strong, stay alive stay alive, don't ask you to stay." that is so powerful. love the duality. great job!
  • @nadia 3 weeks
    wow, i want to hear this with music! you have some really great imagery here and i love your repetition of "you may as well be..." great effort--now put it to some rocking music!!!
  • @nancyrost  3 weeks
    "Sanctified sinner" is a wonderful alliterative paradox, very catchy. I can hear the rhythm in these words, and it rocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment