Pages

Featured Post

Welcome

Welcome! Hi, I'm Chagall Sierra , known in Toronto as "Voice of an Angel" for my ethereal, heartfelt soprano. This is a co...

Saturday, March 26, 2016

Scraping By And Hanging On (FAWM 2016)

Scraping By And Hanging On
Chagall
FAWM 2016

Yes many people love country music. I detest fake country music, where people put on a fake twang to sound authentic when they've never been near a horse ranch. And although I have been near a horse I'm totally a city girl born and raised so I feel I can't really do country justice like the real country stars - Willie, Johnny, Dolly and more locally Uncle Herb and friends.

Liner Notes

Oh ugh I just wrote a country song.

Lyrics

It's six oclock in the morning
and I hope my cheque has come
because I really want a coffee
and this uncertainty to be done

It's a hard life living paycheck to paycheck
Some days I wish I wasn't strong
But I'm still here to thank the Lord
scraping by and hanging on

The lights are still on here at my place
Thinking of you I never can sleep
Between a rock and a bankruptcy
Flashbacks and fantasies

It's a hard life living paycheck to paycheck
Some days I wish I wasn't strong
But I'm still here to thank the Lord
scraping by and hanging on

Comments



  • @johnstaples  1 week
    Well, as a writer of country songs, I like it! Why "ugh"?  Nice hook and that chorus would be easy to sing I think! Maybe a little pedal steel and a fiddle and this would be good to go! I really like this "Between a rock and a bankruptcy"! Nice work!
  • @kc5 2 weeks
    Oh wow! I think your lyrics will resonate with much of the lower middle class. I see lots of comments that this would be a good country song. That may be, but I see McCartney-sounding rock potential in this one as well.
  • @andygetch  2 weeks
    Could work as blues, rock or even alternative
  • @metalfoot  2 weeks
    Hey, nothing wrong with a little country song!  And this is nicely constructed. Will you be recording it?
  • @jessica14 3 weeks
    Those are great lyrics, very honest and true. Would be great to put them to music  Thanks for sharing!
  • @marvsmooth  3 weeks
    Another great piece of upbeat writing Chagall 

    That is has great country song potential!
  • @popmythology  3 weeks
    Yesss, Chagall writes a country song! Scraping by and hanging on is certainly the name of the game, isn't it? It didn't occur to me as I read but I saw the comment below and now agree that an upbeat country tune would actually wed well to the somewhat downbeat lyrics.
  • @ryuu 3 weeks
    I feel this. Upbeat country music would be just the perfect juxtaposition for the slightly angsty lyrics; I'd be thrilled to hear that 

No comments:

Post a Comment